Dr. Cornelius Geary opened his dental practice in 1953 at 4201 W Fondulac Ave after graduating from Marquette University School Of Dentistry in 1950 and serving in the United States Air Force. Dr. Cornelius Geary also served in the United States Navy during WWII prior to attending dental school. Dr. Cornelius Geary’s father, Dr. Cornelius J. Geary, was also a dentist but they never got a change to practice together.
Dr. Geary was a leader in his community and his profession. He was an early advocate of Preventive Dentistry and making the dental experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible. These philosophies still guides us today.
In 1969 the practice relocated to 3953 N 76th Street, where his wife Sara Geary joined the staff. In 1981 Dr. Mary Eileen Geary joined the practice after graduating from Marquette University School of Dentistry and completing a General Practice Residency at the VA Hospital.
Dr. Terence Geary joined the practice in 1981 after graduating from Marquette University School of Dentistry.
In 1987 Dr. Cornelius Geary retired from the practice and devoted additional time to teaching at the dental school. Dr. Cornelius Geary taught in the Oral Diagnosis Department and was the director of the Dental Ethics and Professionalism course at Marquette Dental School.
That same year Dr. Terence Geary joined the faculty of the dental school in the Department of Public Health/Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Geary remains on the faculty today and enjoys working with the dental students.
Later that same year, Dr. Terence Geary and Dr. Mary Eileen Geary formed “Drs Geary & Geary LLC”
In 1992 Dr. Alfred Romagna, colleague and friend of Dr. Cornelius Geary and Terence Geary, retired and we welcomed his patients into our practice.
In 1993 Dr. Leon Zukrow who practiced next door to us, retired and we then welcomed his patients into our practice as we expanded our office into the additional space.
In 1996 we further expanded and modernized our practice as we broke ground on our new building. We are in this building today!
Our office continued to grow as did our staff. The doctors and our staff continued to spread their message of dental health in our community.
Dr. Terence Geary and Dr. Mary Eileen Geary were recognized for their Fellowship and Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry.
This year we updated our office again into the digital age. We implemented digital x ray imaging and digital patient charts.
We also made another transition as Dr. Terence Geary formed Geary Dentistry LLC. Beth, Dr. Terence Geary’s wife, worked at the office for years helping to maintain the office.
In 2020 Dr. Eckdahl joined our practice as we made our most recent transition into Red Rose Dentistry. Dr. Geary and Dr. Eckdahl have worked together to ensure our office continues to treat the community with the best dental practices, focuses on prevention and displays our love for dental health in all we do. We have a beautiful story behind our name and we would love to share it with you.
Throughout time we have grown but our founding philosophy has stayed constant. We will continue to strive to maintain our deeply rooted philosophy into the future.